Editor-in-Chief Harris Oates duals with Senior Draft Analyst Sawyer Hicks in a head to head mock draft with alternating picks.
Harris will pick for the odd selections in Blue.
Sawyer will pick for the even selections in black.
This mock draft is featured in the NFL Mock Draft Database.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence | Clemson, QB
With the most obvious pick of the Draft, the Jaguars take their QB of the future.
2. New York Jets – Justin Fields | Ohio State, QB
The Jets take the consolation prize and replace Darnold with Justin Fields.
3. Miami Dolphins – Penei Sewell | Oregon, OT
The Dolphins take the best offensive lineman in the draft to protect Tua…or…uh…whoever is going to be their QB next year (foreshadowing).
4. Atlanta Falcons – Gregory Rousseau | Miami, Edge
The Falcons are just a pass rush away from being contenders.
5. Cincinnati Bengals – Rashawn Slater | Northwestern, OL
With Sewell off the board, the Bengals elect protection over anything.
6. Philadelphia Eagles – Ja’Marr Chase | LSU, WR
The Eagles are a dumpster fire, but at least they can’t miss on this wideout.
7. Detroit Lions – Micah Parsons | Penn State, LB
Quarterback: Check. Future picks: Check. Generational Linebacker: Check.
8. Carolina Panthers – Zach Wilson | BYU, QB
The QB that many have ranked second falls into the laps of the Panthers and they can rejoice after missing on so many others.
9. Denver Broncos – Caleb Farely | Virginia Tech, CB
They could’ve addressed their line, but this pick gives them a shot at an elite secondary.
10. Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Surtain II | Alabama, CB
Alabama Corners in back to back drafts. Why not?
11. New York Giants – Kyle Pitts | Florida, TE
Smith is still on the board, but Evan Engram can now officially pack his bags.
12. San Francisco 49ers – DeVonta Smith | Alabama, WR
The 49ers pick the falling star out of Alabama to add to their talented offense.
13. L.A. Chargers – Christian Barmore | Alabama, DL
Barmore is a stud and at 13 he is a steal.
14. Minnesota Vikings – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | Notre Dame, LB
The Vikings have talented linebackers, but they are getting older and cannot keep up with the speed of JOK.
15. New England Patriots – Trey Lance | North Dakota State, QB
The Pats take a shot on Lance to do everything they wanted from Cam Newton.
16. Arizona Cardinals – Jaycee Horn | South Carolina, CB
Peterson is getting older, but this fellow SEC stud can learn a thing or two when he gets to Arizona.
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Rashod Bateman | Minnesota, WR
The Raiders got their guy to open up the defenses in Ruggs, but Bateman is a much more versatile option who can do it all.
18. Miami Dolphins – Mac Jones | Alabama, QB
This is where the draft gets interesting. In a blockbuster trade the Dolphins send Tua to Washington and receive the 19th pick in return. Tua is replaced by his former backup.
19. Miami Dolphins (Traded by WFT) – Jaylen Waddle | Alabama, WR
Naturally, with this pick the Dolphins get Mac one of his favorite targets.
20. Chicago Bears – Kyle Trask | Florida, QB
The QB frenzy gets even crazier as the Bears add Trask, which makes 6 QBs in the top 20.
21. Indianapolis Colts – Christian Darrisaw | Virginia Tech, OT
With 6 QBs off the board the Colts elect to take an offensive lineman.
22. Tennessee Titans – Azeez Ojulari | Georgia, Edge
The Titans have struggled in the pass rushing department, but the raw athlete has the tools to be something great.
23. New York Jets – Alijah Vera-Tucker | USC, OL
The Jets use their second pick to add a mobile lineman who can play all over the line and keep up with the dual threat Fields.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Kwity Paye | Michigan, Edge
The Steelers add the best available edge rusher on the board.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars – Pat Freiermuth | Penn State, TE
The Jags pass on offensive lineman and take a shot on the second best tight end in the draft.
26. Cleveland Browns – Terrace Marshall | LSU, WR
The Browns love their LSU receivers and add a project who can learn from OBJ and Landry.
27. Baltimore Ravens – Zaven Collins | Tulsa, LB
Find me a more Ravens pick than taking a shot on a versatile defender.
28. New Orleans Saints – Eric Stokes | Georgia, CB
Stokes can plug in anywhere in the Saints secondary.
29. Green Bay Packers – Elijah Moore | Ole Miss, WR
The Pack take a shot on the receiver from Ole Miss.
30. Buffalo Bills – Amari Rodgers | Clemson, WR
Cole Beasley is aging so the Bills look to find a gadget player who eventually can fit into his role.
31. Kansas City Chiefs – Najee Harris | Alabama, RB
The Chiefs make another shocking pick, but with Najee still left on the board they create one of the best (and cheapest) committees in the league.
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Nick Bolton | Missouri, LB
Bolton and White could be the best LB combo in football.
Thoughts on How it Went?
Harris: I thought Sawyer had some great picks. He took some of the guys I really like, Zach Wilson and Azeez Ojulari, but he drafted them into two of the best scenarios possible. I wasn’t keen on Terrace Marshall to Cleveland because I have him graded as a mid to late 2nd Rounder.
Sawyer: I love the trade between the Dolphins and WFT because it is perfect for both teams. Overall, I agree with most of Harris’ picks except for the Jags taking Freiermuth in the 1st because I have him as a mid-late 2nd rounder.
No WR in the 1st for Cleveland. Too many great prospects at positions of need.