Editor-in-Chief Harris Oates duals with Senior Draft Analyst Sawyer Hicks in a head to head mock draft with alternating picks.
Harris will pick for the odd selections in Blue.
Sawyer will pick for the even selections in black.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevor Lawrence | Clemson, QB
With the most obvious pick of the Draft, the Jaguars take their QB of the future.
2. New York Jets – Justin Fields | Ohio State, QB
The Jets take the consolation prize and replace Darnold with Justin Fields.
3. Miami Dolphins – Penei Sewell | Oregon, OT
The Dolphins take the best offensive lineman in the draft to protect Tua…or…uh…whoever is going to be their QB next year (foreshadowing).
4. Atlanta Falcons – Gregory Rousseau | Miami, Edge
The Falcons are just a pass rush away from being contenders.
5. Cincinnati Bengals – Rashawn Slater | Northwestern, OL
With Sewell off the board, the Bengals elect protection over anything.
6. Philadelphia Eagles – Ja’Marr Chase | LSU, WR
The Eagles are a dumpster fire, but at least they can’t miss on this wideout.
7. Detroit Lions – Micah Parsons | Penn State, LB
Quarterback: Check. Future picks: Check. Generational Linebacker: Check.
8. Carolina Panthers – Zach Wilson | BYU, QB
The QB that many have ranked second falls into the laps of the Panthers and they can rejoice after missing on so many others.
9. Denver Broncos – Caleb Farely | Virginia Tech, CB
They could’ve addressed their line, but this pick gives them a shot at an elite secondary.
10. Dallas Cowboys – Patrick Surtain II | Alabama, CB
Alabama Corners in back to back drafts. Why not?
11. New York Giants – Kyle Pitts | Florida, TE
Smith is still on the board, but Evan Engram can now officially pack his bags.
12. San Francisco 49ers – DeVonta Smith | Alabama, WR
The 49ers pick the falling star out of Alabama to add to their talented offense.
13. L.A. Chargers – Christian Barmore | Alabama, DL
Barmore is a stud and at 13 he is a steal.
14. Minnesota Vikings – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | Notre Dame, LB
The Vikings have talented linebackers, but they are getting older and cannot keep up with the speed of JOK.
15. New England Patriots – Trey Lance | North Dakota State, QB
The Pats take a shot on Lance to do everything they wanted from Cam Newton.
16. Arizona Cardinals – Jaycee Horn | South Carolina, CB
Peterson is getting older, but this fellow SEC stud can learn a thing or two when he gets to Arizona.
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Rashod Bateman | Minnesota, WR
The Raiders got their guy to open up the defenses in Ruggs, but Bateman is a much more versatile option who can do it all.
18. Miami Dolphins – Mac Jones | Alabama, QB
This is where the draft gets interesting. In a blockbuster trade the Dolphins send Tua to Washington and receive the 19th pick in return. Tua is replaced by his former backup.
19. Miami Dolphins (Traded by WFT) – Jaylen Waddle | Alabama, WR
Naturally, with this pick the Dolphins get Mac one of his favorite targets.
20. Chicago Bears – Kyle Trask | Florida, QB
The QB frenzy gets even crazier as the Bears add Trask, which makes 6 QBs in the top 20.
21. Indianapolis Colts – Christian Darrisaw | Virginia Tech, OT
With 6 QBs off the board the Colts elect to take an offensive lineman.
22. Tennessee Titans – Azeez Ojulari | Georgia, Edge
The Titans have struggled in the pass rushing department, but the raw athlete has the tools to be something great.
23. New York Jets – Alijah Vera-Tucker | USC, OL
The Jets use their second pick to add a mobile lineman who can play all over the line and keep up with the dual threat Fields.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers – Kwity Paye | Michigan, Edge
The Steelers add the best available edge rusher on the board.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars – Pat Freiermuth | Penn State, TE
The Jags pass on offensive lineman and take a shot on the second best tight end in the draft.
26. Cleveland Browns – Terrace Marshall | LSU, WR
The Browns love their LSU receivers and add a project who can learn from OBJ and Landry.
27. Baltimore Ravens – Zaven Collins | Tulsa, LB
Find me a more Ravens pick than taking a shot on a versatile defender.
28. New Orleans Saints – Eric Stokes | Georgia, CB
Stokes can plug in anywhere in the Saints secondary.
29. Green Bay Packers – Elijah Moore | Ole Miss, WR
The Pack take a shot on the receiver from Ole Miss.
30. Buffalo Bills – Amari Rodgers | Clemson, WR
Cole Beasley is aging so the Bills look to find a gadget player who eventually can fit into his role.
31. Kansas City Chiefs – Najee Harris | Alabama, RB
The Chiefs make another shocking pick, but with Najee still left on the board they create one of the best (and cheapest) committees in the league.
32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Nick Bolton | Missouri, LB
Bolton and White could be the best LB combo in football.
Thoughts on How it Went?
Harris: I thought Sawyer had some great picks. He took some of the guys I really like, Zach Wilson and Azeez Ojulari, but he drafted them into two of the best scenarios possible. I wasn’t keen on Terrace Marshall to Cleveland because I have him graded as a mid to late 2nd Rounder.
Sawyer: I love the trade between the Dolphins and WFT because it is perfect for both teams. Overall, I agree with most of Harris’ picks except for the Jags taking Freiermuth in the 1st because I have him as a mid-late 2nd rounder.