QB, Shepherd | 6’3” 210 lbs
- One of the best QB careers in D2 history
- Absolutely has the clutch gene…made some insane comebacks with odds stacked against…always came through in the clutch for biggest games
- Fun arm angles show his creativity and skillset
- Elastic arm…makes all the throws with great touch
- Coming from D2…obviously played with lesser talent
- On tape, arm looks good but nothing incredible…surely not Josh Allen 2.0
- Not the most mobile…would also love to see some added weight later on
NFL Comparison: Shades of Brett Farve
Range: Day 3 with Potential Day 2 Ceiling
You may not know much about Bagent, but you will start hearing his name soon. He has been one of the most dominant DII players in the nation and a 4 year starter for the Shepherd Rams in Shepherdstown, WV. Since taking over in 2018, Bagent has thrown for 16,000 yards and 153 TDs while completing 69% of his 1,894 career pass attempts. Bagent will soon be a household name in the draft community as he is the first QB that has verbally accepted his invite to the 2023 Senior Bowl. I was tipped off on Bagent back in September, so I dove into some of his film and have been following him since then.
Bagent has a tall, lanky build (6’3”, 210 lbs) and appears to be a terrific athlete with incredible pocket mobility, despite his lack of rushing production. The Shepherd scheme strictly kept him as a passer, but he has scored 11 career rushing TDs. The first thing that jumps off the tape is how quick he is to move the ball out of his hand due to lighting speed processing abilities. He is a true chain mover that frequently will take the open guys and checkdowns rather than being too aggressive. The zip is very average, but he throws with some very interesting arm angles and exemplifies impressive touch on the ball. You don’t look at his arm and say “WOW!”, but he gets the job done. One concern I have with Bagent is that he is playing with far superior talent over most of his opponents. Shepherd has been a DII powerhouse in their conference and frequently had offensive lineman and receivers dominate their matchups. Regardless, Bagent is an intriguing prospect that I look forward to watching compete at the Senior Bowl.